There are so many reasons why women choose to undergo breast augmentation surgery. More than 300,000 breast augmentation surgeries are performed in the United States each year, making it one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures.
Here are the top reasons why you may be considering going under the knife for larger, fuller breasts.
- You’ve lost weight. Significant weight loss or weight fluctuations can cause breasts to lose volume and sag. A breast augmentation with or without lift can help women achieve a look that complements their new body contours.
- Your breasts are different sizes and shapes. If you have asymmetrical breasts, you find it may be difficult to find clothing that fits properly, especially bras and bikini tops. Breast augmentation can correct the size and shape difference.
- Your breasts didn’t develop. Women with micromastia have underdeveloped breasts often due to genetics or hormone fluctuations during puberty.
- Your breasts have lost their shape after pregnancy and nursing. Childbearing is one of the most beautiful experiences in a woman’s life, but it can take its toll on a woman’s body, especially the breasts. Breast augmentation can correct the deflated look of the breasts and give women fuller, larger breasts. Patients can get a breast augmentation if they are still considering having more children. If a woman is wanting a breast lift in addition to breast augmentation, Dr. Weiner advises that women need to be finished having children and breastfeeding before having a lift done.
- You are making this decision for yourself and no one else. A breast augmentation is a major surgery, and the decision to undergo surgery must be made by you for you. You shouldn’t be pressured into this decision by someone else.
- Breast augmentation surgery has the highest satisfaction level among plastic surgery procedures. Women love the end result and achieving a more desirable contour that gives them a boost in confidence and self-esteem.