To many Chicago residents, a full head of hair represents attractiveness and desirability both personally and professionally. For this reason, it is vital to understand what effects a hair restoration procedure can have on your daily interactions with people and in all other aspects of your life. Hair Restoration should be unnoticeable to all but those you tell.
What is NeoGraft hair restoration?
NeoGraft is a type of Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant. The automated system offers dramatically improved speed and accuracy compared to traditional hair transplant techniques. The absence of a scalpel incision and stitches makes NeoGraft treatment a minimally-invasive, low-scar treatment option for patients interested in restoring full, dense hair.
Reasons Why The NeoGraft Procedure Is The Solution:
- It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation
- Patients who receive the NeoGraftâ procedure feel little to no discomfort
- No stitches or staples are used in the NeoGraftâ procedure
- No unsightly linear scar
- Flexibility for any hairstyle of your choice, short or long
- Shorter recovery time – patients can typically go back to work the next day
- Fewer restrictions on your normal daily activities
- Natural-looking results
Why Choose NeoGraft Hair Restoration in Chicago, IL?
The NeoGraft system is the first and only FDA cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The NeoGraftâ system delivers automation of the FUE technique, the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry.
This revolutionary system uses pneumatic controls to precisely extract complete individual hair follicles which can be immediately transplanted to the selected areas of the scalp. The NeoGraftâ automated hair transplantation system is the only complete harvesting system on the market and has the only ‘NO TOUCH’ implantation technology.
Hair Restoration with NeoGraft technology provides absolute exact harvesting and placement, delivering repeatable results. With NeoGraft’s technology each follicle is removed individually while the patient is comfortable. A natural looking head of hair is created with this minimally-invasive procedure.
How to handle hair loss
Hair loss can be a very emotional part of the natural aging process and seeking ways to curb this process used to be a challenge. NeoGraft’s advanced technology offers a discrete solution to hair loss, allowing patients to achieve natural-looking results with no linear scar, minimal downtime and a shorter recovery period. Hair restoration with the NeoGraftâ procedure is unnoticeable, making it your secret to tell.
- Superior Results – More natural looking hair, short or long for both men and women.
- Advanced Technology – Automated technology, the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation.
- Gentle – Little to no discomfort. No scalpel incision, no staples, no linear scar.
- Effective – Less activity restrictions than traditional strip methods.
- Discrete – Patients can typically go back to work the next day.
- Affordable – We have programs available to meet your exact needs.
Benefits of the FUE Hair Transplant in Illinois
- FUE hair transplant is a very safe, minimally invasive, relatively minor procedure
- Minimal bleeding and fewer complications than with the “strip” method
- Procedure is performed with local anesthetic and no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation is required
- Patients experience minimal discomfort, no scalpel incision, no sutures, no linear scar and quick recovery times
And Many More!
The NeoGraft Automated FUE is also a useful procedure to fix visible linear scars from previous “strip” surgeries. FUE can be used to ‘fill in’ or camouflage those old scars by transplanting new follicles into the area.
Who is a good candidate for NeoGraft Hair Restoration in Chicago, IL?
Healthy individuals who prefer a minimally-invasive hair transplant technique are often interested in NeoGraft. This method is well-suited to patients who would like the shortest recovery period possible and also for those who wish to wear very short hair on the sides or back of their scalp. In addition to restoring hair density on the head, NeoGraft can also be used for body hair transplants.
The best candidates for NeoGraft hair restoration have sufficient hair accessible on the back of the scalp to donate to the thinning areas.
Optimal fullness is achieved for patients who have greater hair density and more donor hair available to harvest. While it is possible to restore better fullness to the head, hair transplant treatment cannot give a patient the same thickness and fullness they had in their youth. During our consultation, we discuss what is possible based on the desired outcome and the hair that is available.
What is the NeoGraft procedure?
The NeoGraft procedure is performed using controlled pneumatic pressure to smoothly extract hair grafts. This technique allows implants to be transferred more quickly, maintaining their robustness and facilitating the best possible results.
Before beginning, the doctor administers local anesthesia into the scalp. This medication numbs nerve endings to patients do not feel discomfort, only mild pressure as grafts are harvested and transplanted.
- Donor hair is removed from the back of the scalp using pneumatic pressure.
- Follicular grafts are extracted and grouped by length and diameter. This increases follicular take rate.
- The recipient site is created in the thinning area. Care is taken to create sites at the ideal orientation, right direction, and proper angle based on the patient’s hairline and goals.
- Hair grafts are placed into balding or thinning areas.
- New grafts are evaluated to ensure a proper position.
- The treatment area is rinsed and a light dressing may be applied.
“I had a great experience from the initial consult! Dr Wiener and staff are all very knowledgeable and friendly. My surgery looks very natural and I’m very happy with my results.” – L.L.
Is There Any Recovery time after NeoGraft Hair Restoration?
Because there are no incisions or stitches involved in the NeoGraft procedure, recovery is must faster than traditional hair transplants. Initially, the grafts may feel tender and look slightly raised. These side effects typically resolve within a week. Some patients also notice mild scabbing, which should also subside within one week. Most patients can resume most normal activities within two weeks. After two weeks, strenuous activities may be resumed.
After hair transplantation, grafted hair remains intact for two to three weeks. The hair then sheds as a natural part of the new growth process. After transplanted hair sheds, it takes 3 to 4 months for new hair to grow in its normal cycle. As this occurs, hair grows in looking full and natural.
How much does a hair transplant cost?
The cost of NeoGraft hair transplantation is determined based on several factors. These include:
- The severity of hair loss.
- The characteristics of donor hair, including thickness, texture, and hair color.
- Patient goals for hair restoration.
- The physician’s training and expertise.
Does insurance cover hair transplants?
Hair transplant treatment may be covered by insurance only in limited cases involving reconstruction related to trauma of the head or scalp. In most situations, insurance companies do not cover hair restoration treatments.
What are the risks of NeoGraft?
FUE hair transplant is very unlikely to cause serious complications thanks to its minimally-invasive nature. No incisions are made and no stitches are needed to complete the NeoGraft procedure. Therefore, risks are low and easily managed if slight complications do occur. More often, patients experience mild side effects after FUE hair transplant. These include soreness, redness, swelling, temporary drainage, and scabbing. Side effects may last a few hours or a few days.