The skin around your eyes is most often the first area of your face to show the signs of aging. Drooping, puffy eyelids can make you look more tired or older than you are, which is why many people as young as their 30s start thinking about eyelid surgery. Also known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery is a popular cosmetic procedure.
Here are some of the top reasons why men and women both decide to go under the knife for a more rejuvenated look to their eyes.
- You will look more well-rested. Eyelid surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures because it offers results that are natural and subtle. Friends and family may compliment you, but won’t know you’ve had anything done unless you tell them.
- Incisions are designed to be hidden. What’s great about eyelid surgery is that incisions made in both the upper and lower eyelids will be hidden. On the upper eyelids, incisions are made in the crease of the eyelid, so the scar will be hidden as it heals. On the lower eyelids, incisions will be made just under or behind the lash line so you won’t see the scars.
- It can help improve vision. Many patients not only benefit from surgery for aesthetic reasons, but for functional reasons as well. If drooping or sagging skin on the upper eyelids is impairing your vision, upper eyelid surgery will help by removing the excess fat and skin that’s in the way.
- It can be combined with other procedures or treatments to help you achieve the look you desire. An eyelid surgery may be performed with a facelift or brow lift at the same time to improve results. If you have lines and wrinkles such as crow’s feet, frown lines or brow furrows, injectables such as BOTOX can help address those concerns. Cosmetic fillers can add volume to hollowed areas such as the cheeks to restore a youthful appearance.
- Eyelid surgery has a high patient satisfaction rate. No other procedure can effectively remove the excess skin from the upper eyelids or reduce the puffiness of both upper and lower eyelids quite like eyelid surgery can do. The surgery, recovery and results all contribute to patient satisfaction.
Eyelid surgery is something that can benefit most men and women over the age of 40. If you’re interested in learning more, schedule your consultation with Dr. Wiener by calling (773) 763-3990 today.