Pregnancy and weight fluctuations can take their toll on a woman’s body. Deflated and sagging breasts, excess skin, stretch marks and separated abdominal muscles are all concerns that can’t be corrected by diet and exercise. A “Mommy Makeover” is an increasingly popular procedure that combines multiple procedures into one to help women get their pre-pregnancy body back. If you’re considering a Mommy Makeover for a new you in the New Year, here are six things you should know:
- The surgery involves a combination of up to four procedures. A tummy tuck or mini-tummy tuck, liposuction and breast enhancement surgery with or without breast lift are procedures that make up a Mommy Makeover. During your consultation, Dr. Wiener will customize a plan that takes into careful consideration all your needs and budget.
- Breast augmentation alone won’t help with sagging. A breast lift done in combination with breast augmentation will reposition the breasts higher on the chest wall. Depending on the amount of sagging, the nipples may need to be relocated as well.
- Multiple procedures at one time mean one recovery period. The best reason why women choose to undergo this surgery is that you can cut down on recovery time and you only have to go under anesthesia once.
- You’ll want to fully prepare for a successful recovery. You’ll need to lay low for at least a week and will need help getting around during that time. It’s important to have help around the house for at least two weeks after surgery.
- If you are breastfeeding, you will need to wait about two to three months before getting the surgery. It takes a woman up to five months to get back to normal after having a baby. But the breasts will take longer due to breastfeeding. It is also recommended you lose as much weight as possible before getting the surgery.
- If you plan on having more children, it may be better wait. If it’s going to be several years before you have more children, then surgery may be right for you now. If you plan on having more kids in the next few years, you will want to hold off on having surgery.
A Mommy Makeover is a life-changing all-in-one surgery. To schedule a consultation with our office, call (773) 763-3990.