When it comes to undergoing plastic surgery, it’s one thing to find the right surgeon to help you achieve your goals. But did you know that as a patient, you play a role in having a successful surgery and smooth recovery? Read on to learn five top tips for improving your chances at a smooth recovery.
- You will want to prepare your home in advance of surgery. If your surgery requires you to take it easy for a while, you may want to line up help around the house. That could be for anything from light housework to chores to caregiving and helping you get around the house, depending on the surgical procedure you have done. Your surgery may require special equipment at home such as a recliner or hospital bed, so you will want to make sure you have that lined up well in advance of surgery.
- No matter whether you are having outpatient surgery or an overnight stay, you will want someone to take you home after you are released to get you situated. This person may need to remain with you for several hours or help you overnight, depending on doctor’s orders.
- Speaking of doctor’s orders, be sure you follow your surgeon’s pre-surgery and post-surgical instructions. It’s important to follow these instructions closely to ensure a smoother recovery.
- If you are responsible for caring for children or others, be sure you arrange for someone else to care for them while you recover, depending on how long you doctor recommends or advises. Your rest and recovery are truly important to your healing, especially right after surgery.
- Patience is key. If you notice something awry when you go home or your final results aren’t yet what you want them to be, please know that healing takes time. Healing from some procedures take longer than others.
To schedule a consultation for a plastic surgery procedure you’ve been wanting, call (773) 763-3990 today.