The New Year is often a time when people think about changes they want to make to improve their lives. If improving or enhancing your appearance through plastic surgery is on your wish list, here are seven reasons why you should go under the knife in the New Year.
- You’ve noticed fine lines and wrinkles start to look prominent on your skin. Even if you have lines and wrinkles that appear to be permanent, you could benefit from cosmetic injectables such as Botox and dermal fillers to smooth out lines and wrinkles. Or you can take a more permanent approach and look at cosmetic surgery procedures such as eyelid surgery or a facelift to turn back time on your face.
- You’ve lost a significant amount of weight. If you’ve lost weight and find yourself dealing with loose, sagging skin, then you may benefit from a tummy tuck or other body sculpting procedures to tighten your overall contour.
- Your body has changed greatly after pregnancy and childbirth. Pregnancy, childbirth and even breastfeeding can take its toll on the appearance of your body between sagging breasts, facial lines and wrinkles and loose skin. A mommy makeover is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure that can bring you closer to your pre-pregnancy body.
- You have stubborn pockets of fat. Even the best diet and exercise program can’t eliminate the most stubborn areas of fat on your body. Liposuction is a great way to get rid of these unwanted pockets of fat.
- You’ve had an accident or major surgery that has disfigured your body. Plastic surgery is commonly used to reconstruct the appearance of a patient’s body or face after a disfiguring accident. And women who have undergone breast cancer surgery may find they feel more like themselves after undergoing a breast augmentation.
- You have a medical concern in addition to aesthetic wants. Many patients who undergo rhinoplasty or nose surgery, for example, do so to correct a deviated septum and improve their breathing.
- You want to improve your confidence. Plastic surgery can help patients feel better and look younger in their skin. Many patients may be self-conscious due to a cosmetic concern or have experienced teasing or unwanted attention. Undergoing plastic surgery can give them the boost in confidence they’ve long desired.