While breast augmentation is the most common breast procedure, breast reduction can also be beneficial. Large breasts can pose a variety of issues for both your comfort and health. A breast reduction procedure can make a significant difference, especially if you have chronic back pain, discomfort, or lack of confidence. Gregory A. Wiener, MD, FACS, can alter the shape and size of the breasts to be proportional to your body and complement your figure.
Here are some of the most common reasons patients opt for a breast reduction procedure at The Art of Plastic Surgery.
Common Reasons for Breast Reduction Surgery
A breast reduction procedure removes excess tissue, fat, and skin from your breasts. If you are experiencing any of the following issues, you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery:
- Back, Neck, and Shoulder Pain: Carrying excess weight on your chest pulls on your back, neck, and shoulders. If you suffer from constant discomfort, a breast reduction can remove some of the weight and change the center of gravity to put less strain on your back and shoulders.
- Limited Mobility: When you have large breasts, they can make lifting and other activities more difficult. Exercises such as jogging can also be a challenge. A breast reduction can help you feel more comfortable participating in exercises and physical activities.
- Out of Proportion: Many women develop asymmetrical breasts, meaning one is larger than the other. While this is normal and may not be immediately noticeable, breast reductions can help your breasts appear more balanced and symmetrical.
- More Clothing Options: Unfortunately, most clothing manufacturers make clothes to fit a generalized body type. Women with large breasts often have a hard time finding clothing that fits properly without having to have clothing specifically tailored to their figures. A breast reduction can help you save money on tailor-made clothing.
- Improved Self-Image: Those with large breasts may feel self-conscious, as though they are attracting unwanted attention. A breast reduction can improve your self-image and provide a boost of confidence.
Schedule a Breast Reduction Consultation in Chicago, IL
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Wiener to learn more about breast reduction procedures in Chicago, IL. Contact our office today at 773-763-3990.