Hair loss can be a very emotional part of aging, and while many men and women who experience male/female pattern baldness or thinning hair, they may shy away from hair restoration treatments because they don’t want visible scarring. With the NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplantation system, men and women can achieve natural-looking results without the scarring of traditional hair replacement treatments.
Here are eight facts about NeoGraft hair transplantation:
- NeoGraft is the first and only FDA-cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The follicular unit harvesting (FUE) method is the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry, removing individual hair follicles from the scalp in groupings of 1-4 hairs and then are implanted in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred.
- The FUE method can be used to fill in or camouflage old linear scars from previous hair transplantation treatments by transplanting new follicles into the area.
- Patients experience minimal discomfort, as no scalpel is involved. The procedure is performed with local anesthetic and no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation is required.
- NeoGraft offers a shorter recovery time. Patients can typically go back to work the next day after treatment. There are very few restrictions on your normal daily activities.
- There are no stitches or staples or unsightly scarring. NeoGraft is the least-invasive procedure for hair transplantation. This method extracts follicles individually instead of traditional strip harvesting. Within a week, the donor area of the head will be healed and look normal.
- Once the follicle has been implanted, the grafted hair will stay in place for two to three weeks before it sheds, which is a normal and important part of the hair growth process in the balding area. New growth begins in three to four months, and hair will continue to grow and look healthy and natural.
- Transplantation doesn’t prevent future hair loss, so some people will need continued maintenance and treatments as they age.
- You’re a good candidate for NeoGraft if you are in good general health with moderate hair loss and enough donor hair on the back of the scalp to transplant into the balding area.
If you are ready to take control of your hair loss or thinning, schedule your consultation with Dr. Wiener by calling (773) 763-3990 today.