It’s a household name, but how much do you really know about Botox? The brand is the top-selling treatment of its kind worldwide and for good reason. It consistently delivers subtle results and patients rave about the convenience. Read on to learn more facts about this top non-surgical cosmetic treatment known as the “lunchtime procedure” and why it may be right for you.
- Botox is the first and only treatment that is FDA-approved to reduce the appearance of forehead lines, frown lines between the eyebrows (known as 11 lines) and crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Treatment only takes minutes, and there is no downtime. You can resume regular activities once you leave the office. No anesthesia is necessary, although you may feel slight pinches at the injection sites.
- Botox works by relaxing the muscles that create dynamic wrinkles on the upper third of the face. These wrinkles are caused by repeated expressions such as smiling, frowning or raising the eyebrows.
- Dermal fillers work differently by treating static wrinkles, or wrinkles that are always present. Dermal fillers work well at adding volume to hollowed areas of the face as well. Botox and dermal fillers may be used together to help you address all your concerns and achieve your desired appearance.
- Results from dermal fillers are immediate, while it will take a few days to see results from Botox. Full results are seen around 30 days after treatment.
- Botox delivers temporary results that last for up to four months. You’ll want to return at that time to get additional injections to maintain or prolong results.
- Another reason why Botox is so popular is because it delivers natural results. You will look like yourself but with fewer wrinkles and lines.
If you are interested in learning more about Botox and dermal fillers and other non-surgical and surgical ways to achieve a more youthful appearance, schedule a consultation with Dr. Wiener by calling (773) 763-3990 today.